Today, companies need to automate the key processes in order to achieve desired business outcomes. This results in a significant number of business processes being able to run automatically due to the support of process-centric systems also known as business process management software.
However, business process automation not always refers to business process agility, which is all about having dynamic, easy-to-configure processes and workflows to adjust to any market changes and benefit from emerging opportunities. Actually, modern enterprises lack this agility as they have to operate in a highly turbulent market, which is ever-shifting under the rapid development of technology and overwhelming globalization.
This unstable environment pushes organizations to implement such a system that will allow for effective and quick business processes modification and, if necessary, redesign them from a scratch. Many up-to-date IT technologies can provide companies with business process agility required for painless business transformation. One of the progressive technologies of the kind is bpm’online.
https://www.bpmonline.com/crm – a powerful software enabling organizations to promptly change mission-critical business operations to comply with the regulatory requirements and accommodate the growing needs of empowered customers.
Why business process agility?
A business process is viewed as a set of logically connected steps (activities) that must be repeatedly executed by employees to deliver (or develop) products/services. For example, goods delivery is a typical business activity consisting of several steps including order processing, customer invoicing, payment etc. If properly managed, these processes improve overall productivity, efficiency, and ultimately, the customer loyalty.
Very often, complex business operations can hardly be modified without damaging the functioning of all organizational systems and departments. Difficult-to-modify processes cause hitches in work, frustration among employees, and eventually financial losses, depriving a company of the opportunity to provide the excellent customer experience (learn how to address business challenges with bpm’online academy).
To avoid all these problems, enterprises place an emphasis on business process agility that provides the ground for the key process redesigning, simulation, and the improvement, which helps companies get prepared for the new business conditions, save costs through workflow automation, and grow revenues through continuous process enhancement.
A good BPM system provides the ability to reduce the time of business processes modification from weeks and days to mere hours or even minutes without any specific technical knowledge. For example, bpm’online has pre-configured best-practice configuration tools to ensure easy business workflow creation and execution.
BPM software enables organizations to introduce new processes and improve existing ones in a cost-and-time-effective manner. By utilizing such a smart business solution, the participants can identify bottlenecks/ inefficiencies in the processes performance and make alterations to them at the level of modeling and testing.
Competencies of business process agility
In order to help firms respond to changes and new opportunities, the finest BPM suites provide a full array of tools to promote business process agility:
- Process designer, which is used to create a graphical presentation /map of a process. A process map reflects the sequence of activities/tasks and roles (process owners) conducting these activities. While mapping a process out, it is possible to determine key parameters and performance indicators for its instances.
- Rules engine is a must-have component of a modern business process management This engine enables the stakeholders to manage business rules (aka procedures or policies) and apply them to the processes. Such a BPM tool ensures the users can make the right decisions regarding the customer in real time and shift corporate rules and logic much quicker to address new market environment.
- Insights and reports allow for tracking and analyzing the process performance against its objectives and presenting this data in customizable dashboards. These in-depth insights contribute to anticipating and preventing costly process disruptions and vulnerabilities while ensuring critical business procedures always meet customers’ expectations and needs.
- Customer relationship management is a capability of top-notch business process software like bpm’online. CRM built into BPM provides a single database with an ability to create advanced customer profiles and enrich them with valuable information. The system can store the complete history of communication with customers enabling the users to leverage this information during modeling customer-centric processes.
- Document management is an essential part of BPM that supports the entire document lifecycle. It is possible to create, track, manage, store, share, set permissions, and automate the generation of any electronic document type (invoices, approvals, contracts, and so on) in the BPM system.
Business process agility for adaptability and efficiency
Obviously, agility is a must for any company looking to achieve a competitive edge, business growth, and revenue increase. To survive in the evolving environment, firms need to have dynamic, flexible, and efficient business processes that can be quickly altered to adapt to the new circumstances. Put it simply, organizations need business process agility that offers the following advantages:
- Better focus on customers
- Continual process improvement and automation of repeatable operations
- Elevated productivity and employee satisfaction
- Enhanced staff collaboration and engagement
- Greater business transparency and regulatory compliance
- Improved quality and faster delivery time to the market
- More accurate decision-making
- Smooth changes introduction